CloudStack is open source software, designed to deploy and manage large networks of virtual machines, as a highly available, scalable cloud computing platform. Now you can easily build your Cloud Hosting on top of CloudStack infrastructure with HostBill module.
Multiple provisioning methods
One module - multiple possibilities! CloudStack module for HostBill can be configured to sell & automatically provision:
- VPS hosting
- Cloud hosting (Virtual Datacenters)
- DIY Cloud/VPS packages
- Basic & Advanced networking support
|Sell Single VPS
One purchase = 1 VPS created by HostBill. Client can configure his VM size during signup, select OS, hostname. Bill recurringly (Weekly/Monthly/Anually/etc.) depending on package price/vps size configured by client.
|Sell Flexible Cloud
Customer can select amount of resources during signup. Configure just one package and let your client adjust pool of CPU, Memory, Disk Space, Backup Space, IP addresses, etc.. Allow your client to manage his resources as and when needed (upgrade/downgrade). Client can create VMs within pool he created / configured during signup.
|Sell Fixed Cloud
Configure multiple packages with pre-defined sizes/pools of CPU, Memory, Disk Space, Backup Space, IP addresses, etc. Let your client choose from pre-defined packages, and create VMs within pre-set limits.
|Cloud: Bill for detailed usage (Metered Billing)
Configure package resource limits (CPU, Memory, Disk Space, Backup Space, IP addresses), set hourly price for each resource consumption. Customer account charge will be updated every hour with exact amount of resource consumed by client Virtual Machines. Client account can be debited by usage
|Bill for running VMs Usage (Flavor Billing)
Simmilar to Amazon EC2 provisioning model: Client gets unlimited resources to consume, Client VMs in cloud can be created from staff-predefined sizes (flavors). Every hour HostBill updates account billing details with number of VMs created and their sizes. Invoice generated is funded from client credit, client can top-up his credit balance at any point. Generated invoice contains list of Virtual machines, their hourly prices and number of hours they're billed for.
|Auto: Create/Suspend/Unsuspend/Terminate Account, Domain, Users|
|Auto: Change clodustack resources on upgrade/downgrade|
|Auto: Create/Destroy VMs
When selling single VPS machines HostBill will provision them after payment
|Auto: Create client network (Cloudstack advanced networking)|
|Create / Destroy VMs
Customers who purchased cloud packages have ability to create Vms within resources given
|Reset root password|
|Reboot VM into recovery|
|Manage backup schedules|
Now your cloud customers can easily create, attach, detach DATA volumes accross machines in their cloud. Moving big data has never been simpler!
|Enable/Disable Disk autobackup|
|Detach/Attach disk from VM|
|Manage backups (create, convert into template,delete)|
|Remove custom templates|
|Create/delete/restore VM snapshot
Previous Cloudstack integration allowed only for Volume snapshot. Now your clients will have option to snapshot entire VM with single click. And revert it from a snapshot just as easily!
|Manage vm snapshots schedules
Now your customers have ability to create VM snapshots schedules - feature missing from Cloudstack, implemented only in HostBill!
|Show network usage graphs|
You can enable your cloud customers to create their own VPN and manage its users directly from your billing portal
You can enable your cloud customers to create their own Load Balancer and manage it directly from your billing portal
|Manage egress/ingress firewall rules|
|Manage port forwarding|
|Manage (add/remove) IP|
|Access VM Console|
|Reset root password|
|Scale/edit VM size|
|Convert snapshot to template|
|Inbound firewall presets
Your customers can easily manage their Inbound and Outbound firewall from HostBill interface. To make it easier staff member can create pre-defned inbound rules
|Multiple VM deployment
Your cloud customers can now spin up multiple instances with shared settings - with couple mouse clicks. No more repetitions
|Manage access to clientarea sections
You can control which clientarea features your customers will have access to from GUI
|Start/Stop/Destroy client Vms|
|View/Manage Billing details
In regular billing - view next months charge, In metered billing - check customer hourly resource usage, track usage history. In flavor billing - track hourly VM use per VM size
|Limit Zones which customers have access to|
|Limit package resources (Memory, CPU, CPU Speed, Max VMs)|
|Limit OS template subset|
|Limit Data disk size, volume & vm snapshots, templates created, storage tags used|
|Limit sizes per VM (ie. maximum CPU speed per single Machine)|
|Support for advanced and basic networking model|
|Limit Public IPs
VMs in Cloudstack can be scaled with or without reboot. You can enable dynamic scaling as paid option and let your clients benefit from zero downtime scales
|Predefined Inbound Firewall Rules|
|Manage storage tiers
If you have two storage options - SSD and Regular you can easily add charge for SSD (tier 2) storage, just use HostBill & STorage tags in Cloudstack
Set custom cloud name
Give your clients ability to name their cloud during singup stage
Video Features Tour
Cloudstack Module for HostBill Pricing
Pricing for branded HostBill
- Lifetime license
- Dedicated for branded licenses
- Full functionality
- 30-days moneyback guarantee
$49.95One time fee
HostBill installation is fully automated and takes just seconds, more info at //hostbillapp.com/install/
Connecting HostBill with CloudStack
- In HostBill go to Settings > Modules, find and activate CloudStack hosting module
- You will be redirected to Settings > Apps to set connection with CloudStack
- Enter CloudStack api credentials, use Test Connection to check if HostBill can connect
Creating your first Cloud Hosting package
- In HostBill go to Settings > Products & Services, and Add new order page
- From Order Types select CloudStack
- After creating order page add new product in it, provide name & Save changes
- In product configuration section proceed to Connect with App, select CloudStack module and App server created in previous steps.
- Proceed to configuration wizard and set your package limit for each step. Follow video tour for more details.
- Submit changes, your package is ready
Setting up metered (Resource-based) billing for CloudStackFor metered (hourly) billing to work your Cloudstack needs to have usage server running - learn more
- In HostBill go to Settings > Products & Services, and select your Cloudstack orderpage
- Select product you wish to setup metered billing for
- From Pricing option select Metered
- Setup variables you wish to bill your customer for, according to its usage. Following variables are available to be measured/billed:
- Running VM - Total running time of a VM per usage record period. Enter cost of having 1VM working for 1H.
- Allocated VM - Total allocated time of a VM per usage record period. Enter cost of having 1VM allocated for 1H.
- Public IP address - Public IP address. Enter cost of having 1public IP for 1hour.
- Traffic - Total number of GB received+sent. Enter cost of 1GB traffic.
- Volume - Total disk volume used per hour. Enter cost of 1GB used per 1Hour.
- Template - Total templates size used per hour. Enter cost of 1GB used per 1Hour.
- Snapshot - Total snapshot size used per hour. Enter cost of 1GB used per 1Hour.
- Additionally, you can setup billing method per each variable, and pricing slabs/tiers:
- Tiered scheme
Every unit charge is calculated with each measurement based on its own tier.
i.e.: 1-2: $1, 3-4: $2, qtys are: 1,3; charge: 1*$1 + 3*$2
- Overage tiers
Use this scheme as tiered, where each expected measurement is low (i.e. hourly bandwidth).
i.e.: 0-100: $0, 101-150: $1 :
up to 100 - free, everything above 100 - $1/unit. So total of: 102 measured will cost $2
- Volume scheme
All units charge is calculated based on total count in period and related bracket.
ie.: 1-2: $1, 3-4: $2, qtys are: 1,3; charge: 4*$2
- Stairstep scheme
Total cost is calculated based on price bracket, charge is for entire bracket not certain units
i.e.: 1-5: $1, 6-10: $2, total qty: 7, charge: $2
- Tiered scheme
- By filling Fixed recurring fee you can setup flat fee that will be added to customer charge, no matter of actual usage
Configuring flavors/VM sizes
- Under settings->modules make sure that Cloud Flavor Manager is active
- Proceed to Extras->Cloud Flavor Manager
- Click on Add new flavor
- Provide flavor name, clien will see it in Create VM section
- Provide hourly price for this VM Size
- Tick "Enable" if client should see this size in clientarea
- Provide description, client will see it in Create VM Section
- Provide VM details, that will be passed to Cloudstack to create new VM:
- Provide Memory amount in MB
- CPU Cores count
- CPU Speed in [ MHz]
- Network speed in Mbps
- Save changes
- Repeat this task for any VM size you wish to offer
Setting cloud flavor billing in package
- Proceed to your cloud package setup in Settings->Products & Services
- Under billing tab, pick Flavor Billing type:
- Setup fee - This fee will be added to client credit balance to lower with next recurring invoices.
- Fixed recurring fee - You can add flat recurring fee to be added to each invoice.
- Best practice is to limit services per customer under Other settings to 1 service per client
- Save changes
- Repeat this task for any VM size you wish to offer
Frequently asked questions
- Q: How customers can cancel their services?
- A: In clientarea, cloustack product, proceed to Billing tab, click on "Request Cancelation" - screenshot
- Q: I've enabled metered billing, but nothing shows in account details - metered tab?
- A: Data is fetched by cron once a day, please wait and make sure that cloudstack usage service is working correctly
- Q: How to set-up overage billing for certain variable? Ie. I wish to bill for bandwidth usage over 1000MB
- A: For Traffic variable in Metered pricing settings use Overage pricing scheme. Set up first tier for unit price 0, ending QTY to free traffic amount. For second tier set up your price per overage GB - screenshot
- Q: How to modify clientarea theme for Cloudstack?
- A: If you wish to edit templates for cloudstack, they're located in /includes/types/cloudstacktype/clientarea. Make sure those files wont be overwritten with upgrade
CloudStack module for HostBill is actively maintained to make sure all new cool features are available for you and your customers.
Version changes: Read changelog